Ms. Lawino Grace holds a Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree in Accounting and Finance from Gulu University, a Postgraduate Diploma in Financial Management – Gulu University, And a Postgraduate Diploma in Education (Economics and Entrepreneurship) Gulu University. She also holds a Bachelor of Business Administration degree (Accounting) from Gulu University, and a Diploma in Secretarial and Information Management from Gulu University. She has worked for more than 20 years at Gulu University in different departments, of which 15 years of work experience is in accountancy. She joined Gulu University in October 2002 as a Secretary, and after upgrading, she did an interview for Accounts Assistant I and was appointed as Accounts Assistant I effective1st June 2008. On 3rd September 2014, she got additional appointment as a Project Manager SATIFFS Project under the Faculty of Agriculture and Environment. On 24th November 2014 she was appointed as Project Accountant – Gulu University MAINBIOSYS Project under the Faculty of Science and now she is an Accountant in Department of Finance- Expenditure and Payable Unit. Read More
1) Participates in financial planning, budget preparation, monitoring and control.
2) Ensures that payments being processed are within the approved work plan and budget and have been fully authorized by the accounting officer.
• Checks that the item is on the approved work plan and budget for the financial year.
• Checks correctness of computations.
• Does funds inquiry to check availability of funds before proceeding to make any payment
• Uses the Cost Centre allocation in the budget to process approved requisition(s).
3) Ensures extra-load for the part-time staff and administrative staff are processed and ensures that all appropriate documentations are attached.
4) Ensures ledgers are posted.
5) Ensures statutory deductions are prepared, processed & filed.
6) Ensures payments are processed / invoiced on IFMS.
7) Ensures vote books are updated daily to confirm if all expenditures are within the approved budget.
8) Ensures payment vouchers on IFMS are generated and attached to the relevant documents.
9) Ensures that all payments are properly acknowledged by recipients and accounted for.
10) Cancels invoices on hold and rejected invoices on IFMS where necessary.
11) Prepares monthly reconciliations.
12) Prepares timely and accurate expenditure report.
13) Assists the Senior Accountant in preparing monthly returns and final accounts.
14) Keeps organized records of accounts payables.
15) Monitors/makes follow-up to advances, receives accountabilities timely and ensures they are attached to relevant documents immediately.
16) Prepares and submits work plans and budgets to the relevant authorities/departments.
17) Performs any other roles as designated on IFMS.
18) Ensures filing of payment to Uganda Revenue Authority is done within the deadline as stipulated by laws.
19) Performs any other duties assigned to her from time to time.