Ms. Adokorach Dorothy is an Accountant in the Finance Department, Expenditure and Payable Unit of Gulu University. Ms Adokorach Dorothy is a student at the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Uganda (ICPAU) – level 1. She holds a Postgraduate Diploma in Financial Management from Gulu University, a Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) degree from Gulu University and a Diploma in Business Studies from Uganda College of Commerce Pakwach. She has more than twenty years of work experience in accounting positions at Gulu University. She joined Gulu University in August 2001as Accounts Clerk and rose through the ranks from Accounts Assistant II and Accounts Assistant I to the position of Accountant. Read More
1) Ensures that payments being processed are within the approved budget, work plan and have been authorized by the Accounting Officer.
2) Does funds availability checks before proceeding to make any payment.
3) Pays salaries, wages and all deductions:
• Verifies invoice register against the monthly payroll from the Human Resource Department before validating payment of salaries on IFMS
• Processes payments / invoices on IFMS for net pay and all deductions
• Files PAYE and NSSF monthly.
• Prints schedules of filed PAYE, NSSF and other deductions.
• Obtains accountability / receipts for all deductions and attaches them to relevant documents and files.
4) Ensures payments for gratuity are made and supporting documents attached.
5) Processes staff advances and ensures recoveries are completed within the financial year in liaison with the Human Resource Department.
6) Ensures staff advance completion certificates are issued to staff whose advances have been fully recovered.
7) Participates in financial planning, budget preparations, monitoring and controls.
8) Uses the cost centre allocation in the budget to process approved requisitions.
9) Posts ledgers.
10) Generates payment vouchers on IFMS and attaches them to relevant documents.
11) Ensures that all payments are properly acknowledged by recipients and accounted for.
12) Cancels invoices on hold and rejected invoices on IFMS where necessary.
13) Prepares monthly reconciliations.
14) Keeps organized records of accounts payables.
15) Monitors/makes follow-ups to advances, receives accountabilities timely and ensures they are attached to relevant documents immediately.
16) Prepares and submits work plans and budgets to relevant authorities/departments.
17) Mentors, coaches and counsels staff.
18) Ensures compliance with the use of all computerized systems of the Government of Uganda.
19) Performs any other duties that are assigned to her from time to time.