Mr. Odong Wilfred holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration from Gulu University and a Postgraduate Diploma in Financial Management awaiting graduation). He is currently pursuing the Certified Public Accountants (CPA) programme, at level two. He joined Gulu University as Accounts Assistant in July 2011 and later in April 2023 was elevated to Accountant of Gulu University. Read More
1. Participates in financial planning, budget preparation, monitoring and control.
2. Ensures that payments being processed are within the approved work plan and budget and have been fully authorized by the accounting officer.
3. Checks that the item is on the approved work plan and budget for the financial year.
4. Checks correctness of computations.
5. Does funds inquiry to check availability of funds before proceeding to make any payment.
6. Uses the cost centre allocation in the budget to process approved requisitions.
7. Ensures extra-load payments for the part-time staff and administrative staff are processed and that all appropriate documentations are attached.
8. Ensures ledgers are posted
9. Ensures statutory deductions are prepared, processed & filed.
10. Ensures payments are processed / invoiced on IFMS.
11. Ensures vote books are updated daily to confirm if all expenditures are within the approved budget.
12. Ensures payment vouchers on IFMS are generated and attached to the relevant documents.
13. Ensures that all payments are properly acknowledged by the recipients and accounted for.
14. Cancels invoices on hold and rejected invoices on IFMS where necessary.
15. Prepares monthly reconciliations.
16. Prepares timely and accurate expenditure reports.
17. Assists the Senior Accountant in preparing monthly returns and final accounts.
18. Keeps organized records of accounts payables
19. Monitors/makes follow-ups to advances, receives accountabilities timely and ensures they are attached to relevant documents immediately.
20. Prepares and submits work plans and budgets to the relevant authorities/departments.
21. Performs any other roles as designated on IFMS.
22. Ensures filing of payment to Uganda Revenue Authority is done within the deadline as stipulated by laws.
23. Performs any other duties assigned to him from time to time.