Ms. Laker Sarah holds a Master’s degree in Public Administration from Uganda Management Institute (UMI)-Kampala and a Bachelor’s degree in Secretarial Studies from Makerere University. She is endowed with a blend of over thirteen (13) years of work experience in different spheres ranging from administrative work, part-time lecturing (in higher education, and social works both in public and private institutions). Having worked with the Judiciary as a non-Judicial Officer for over six years, she gained a lot of exposure to legal issues coupled with the module she undertook in Administrative Law and Ethics at UMI. She is currently an Administrative Secretary in the Finance Department attached to the Office of the Deputy University Bursar, Gulu University. She is also a trained Counsellor of HIV/AIDS and has as well worked as NUSAF II Community Facilitator between 2010-2012, which built her capacity in community mobilization/sensitization, project development, budgeting, report writing and accountability, among others. Read More
1. Performs all the necessary secretarial duties in the office.
2. Executes timely, efficient and effective operations of the Department.
3. Handles office correspondence and filing systems.
4. Handles information requests from clients and visitors.
5. Schedules and organizes meetings and takes minutes.
6. Maintains stationery and equipment supplies to the office, ensuring sufficient stocks are available to all members of the Department.
7. Supervises and schedules support staff; trains and monitors progress.
8. Liaises with staff in other departments and with external contacts.
9. Makes requisitions for meetings and handles office imprest.
10. Performs any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.