Ms. Ajok Monica Ocheng is a seasoned Senior Accountant, currently serving in the Financial Accountability and Reporting Unit within the Finance Department of Gulu University. She holds a master’s degree in Business Administration (MBA) with a specialization in Finance and Accounting, a Postgraduate Diploma in Procurement and Supply Chain Management, and a Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) degree in Finance and Accounting, all from Gulu University. Beyond her academic achievements, Ms. Ajok has further honed her skills by earning a professional Certificate in Administrative Laws from Lumards Institute of Management. With a remarkable 12-year tenure exclusively devoted to Gulu University, she brings a wealth of experience and expertise to her role as Senior Accountant. Her dedication and proficiency make her an invaluable asset. Read More
1. Prepares periodic reconciliations of ledgers and cashbooks and submits account statements.
2. Prepares routine financial management information and drafts periodic financial statements and reports for management use.
3. Prepares draft periodic statements and reports for compilation of final accounts.
4. Prepares draft responses to audit activities or queries and oversight issues.
5. Implements stores’ management systems, procedures and guidelines in the University.
6. Reconciles requests for goods in the stores, taking into account those that are received and those that are issued out.
7. Maintains up-to-date stores and assets records in the University and prepares relevant reports.
8. Assists the Principal Accountant in reviews of the stores system, identifies weaknesses and proposes improvements.
9. Assists in provision of technical support and guidance to the Procurement Unit and user departments on stores matters.
10. Verifies goods procured in liaison with the Internal Audit and user departments.
11. Assists in drafting responses to audit queries relating to stores transactions.
12. Mentors, coaches and counsesl staff in the unit.
13. Complies with the use of all computerized systems of the Government of Uganda.
14. Performs any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.