Mr. Otim holds a Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree in Accounting from Cavendish University-Uganda. He also holds a Postgraduate Diploma in Financial Management from Gulu University and a Bachelor of Commerce Degree from Makerere University. He has more than fourteen years of work experience in accountancy in higher education, having held various positions at Gulu University. He joined Gulu University in 2006 and rose through the ranks from an Accounts Assistant II to the position of University Accountant. He is a student of Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA). Read More
1) Attends to students’ queries and provides them with statements of their fees.
2) Extracts fees reports for students.
3) Keeps and organizes records on tuition fees and files of receipts.
4) Prepares revenue reports on a regular basis.
5) Prepares and maintain accounts receivables.
6) Maintains up-to-date students’ debtor ledgers:
• Ensures billing corresponds to the approved fees structure
• Reconciles students’ payment with data on AIMS/ACMIS.
7) Ensures that the students pay-in slips are issued as per regulations:
• Prepares tPRN and/or guides students on how to generate one
• Checks and files mandatory payments, e.g. the NCHE fee.
8) Verifies student fees payment status before clearance:
• Ensures students have made the mandatory fees payment
• Updates students’ ledgers.
9) Does direct posting.
10) Assists the Assistant Bursar in preparing monthly returns and final accounts.
11) Posts ledgers.
12) Performs any other roles as designated on the computerized system of the Government of Uganda for the collection of government revenue, for example, ACMIS, AIMS and Zee note.
13) Performs clerical work assigned to him from time to time.