Mr. Okello Calvin is an Accountant attached to the Expenditure and Revenue Unit. He holds a Master’s degree in Business Administration (MBA)– Finance option from Uganda Management Institute (UMI), Postgraduate Diploma in Financial Management (DFM) from UMI, a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration (BBA)-Accounting option from Gulu University and a Diploma in Stores Management (DSM) from Makerere Business School (MUBS). He has more than 19 years of work experience in (i) Stores Management – Inventory Management & Fixed Assets Management, where he was among the lead team of the Internal Board of Survey to develop the first Assets Register of Gulu University; (ii) Accountancy – where he has been an Account Assistant in the Faculty of Science, Faculty of Law, and Kitgum Campus. He joined Gulu University in 2004 as a Stores Assistant, climbed to the rank of Accounts Assistant I and Accountant, respectively. He is pursuing the Certified Public Accountants (CPA) programme at the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Uganda (ICPAU); he is currently at level 2. Read More
1) Attends to students’ queries and provides them with statements of their fees.
2) Extracts fees reports for students.
3) Keeps and organizes records of tuition fees and files of receipts.
4) Prepares revenue reports on a regular basis.
5) Prepares and maintains accounts receivables.
6) Maintains up-to-date students’ debtor ledgers:
• Ensures billing corresponds to the approved fees structure
• Reconciles students’ payment with data on AIMS/ACMIS.
7) Ensures that the students’ pay-in slips are issued as per regulations.
• Prepares PRN and/or guides students on how to generate one.
• Checks and files mandatory payments, e.g. the NCHE fee.
8) Verifies student fees payment status before clearance:
• Ensures students have made the mandatory fees payments.
• Updates the students’ ledgers
9) Does direct posting.
10) Assists the Assistant Bursar in preparing monthly returns and final accounts.
11) Posts ledgers.
12) Performs any other roles as designated on the computerized system of the Government of Uganda for the collection of government revenue, for example, ACMIS, AIMS and Zee note.
13) Performs clerical work assigned to him from time to time.