Schmidt V1, Sikasunge CS2, Odongo-Aginya E3, Simukoko C2, Mwanjali G5, Alarakol S4, Ovuga E4, Matuja W6,
Kihamia C5, Löscher T1, Winkler AS7, Bretzel G1
. Taenia solium metacestode preparation in rural areas of sub-Saharan Africa: a source for diagnosis and research on cysticercosis
. African Health Sciences, 15(1), pp. 58-67
Moses L. Joloba a 1, Benson R. Kidenya a 1 2, David P. Kateete a, Fred A. Katabazi a, Julian K. Muwanguzi a 3, Benon B. Asiimwe a, Simon P. Alarakol a 4, Jessica L. Nakavuma b, Saralee Bajaksouzian c d, Anne Windau c d, Michael R. Jacobs c d
. Comparison of transformation frequencies among selected Streptococcus pneumoniae serotypes
- Presented a paper in Makerere University Joint Annual Scientific conference, 2016
- Presented a paper during in Gulu University Conference, 2017
- Presented a paper in THRiVE Annual Scientific Conference, in Mombasa, Kenya, 2022
RESEARCH GRANTS SUPPORT
- I was awarded a grant for THRiVE-2 Career Development Award (THRiVE-2 CDA) supported through the DELTAS Africa Initiative grant # DEL-15-011 (2018-2019). The DELTAS Africa Initiative is an independent funding scheme of the African Academy of Sciences (AAS)’s Alliance for Accelerating Excellence in Science in Africa (AESA) and supported by the New Partnership for Africa’s Development Planning and Coordinating Agency (NEPAD Agency) with funding from the Wellcome Trust grant # 107742/Z/15/Z and the UK government.
- I was awarded a WHO AFRO/TDR Small Grant support for conducting research on Neglected Tropical Diseases (TDR Grant) (2016-2018). The TDR project was housed at Faculty of Medicine, Gulu University and Dr Alarakol was the team leader and the principal investigator of the project. Grant number: SR PO201553050
- I awarded a European Union grant award through National research Organization (NARO) for conducting research on pesticides residue levels on selected vegetable products exported to Europe.
- I was awarded Research Innovation Grant for Covid-19, through Collaboration with Makerere University
- I was awarded Grant from Royal Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene for conducting porcine cysticercosis in Omoro district, 2022. This grant was funded by the National Institute of Health Research (NIHR), UK Government.
In the last one year, I have been conducting a study on spatial distribution of Taenia solium cysticercosis among households rearing pigs in Omoro District, Northern Uganda. This study was funded by the Royal Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygience and National institute of Health Research, UK.
I have had collaborations with other institutions and had opportunity to submit Joint grant applications for various grant calls some of which were successful. These include Cambridge University, Makerere University and International Livestock research Institute (ILRI). Currently, we have collaboration with ILRI to conduct Taenia solium study in Northern Uganda.