Mr. Akena Ivan Orach Bwoch is an Assistant Accountant. He holds a diploma in International Business and Management from AUSI and a Bachelor of Business Administration degree from Victoria University. He is currently pursuing ACCA course, where he is about to complete level two. He has five years of work experience having previously worked at Papuna Estates and presently at Gulu University. Read More
1) Ensures that payments are being processed within the approved budget and have been authorised by the Accounting Officer.
2) Prepares and processes statutory deductions.
3) Processes/invoices payment on IFMS.
4) Updates vote books to ensure all expenditures are captured in the vote books.
5) Generates payment vouchers on IFMS and attaches them to relevant documents.
6) Ensures that all payments are properly acknowledged by the recipients and are accounted for.
7) Cancels invoices on hold and rejected invoices on IFMS where necessary.
8) Prepares monthly reconciliations.
9) Assists the Accountant in preparing monthly returns.
10) Keeps organized records of accounts payables.
11) Updates records of assets and liabilities of the University.
12) Prepares timely and accurate expenditure/revenue reports.
13) Performs any other duties as may be assigned to him from time to time.