Mr. Akena Denis Taban is an Accountant attached to the Revenue Mobilization unit. He holds a Bachelor’s degree of Science in Accounting and Finance from Makerere University-Kampala. He is currently pursuing a Master’s program of Business Administration (MBA) in Accounting from Gulu University and is in a final semester of doing research. He possesses more than seven years of work experience in accountancy, three of which in higher education. Read More
1. Attends to students’ queries and provides them with statements of their fees.
2. Extracts fees reports for students.
3. Keeps and organizes records of tuition fees and files of receipts.
4. Prepares revenue reports on a regular basis.
5. Prepares and maintains accounts receivables.
6. Maintains up-to-date students’ debtor ledgers.
7. Ensures billing corresponds to the approved fees structure.
8. Reconciles students’ payments with data on AIMS/ACMIS.
9. Ensures that the students’ pay-in slips are issued as per regulations.
10. Prepares PRN and/or guides students on how to generate one.
11. Checks and files mandatory payments, e.g. the NCHE fee.
12. Verifies student fees payment status before clearance.
13. Ensures students have made the mandatory fees payment.
14. Updates students’ ledgers.
15. Does direct posting.
16. Assists the Assistant Bursar in preparing monthly returns and final accounts
17. Posts ledgers.
18. Performs any other roles as designated on the computerized system of the Government of Uganda for the collection of government revenue, for example, ACMIS, AIMS and Zee note.
19. Performs clerical work assigned to him from time to time.