Mrs. Ajok Betty is attached to the Revenue Mobilization Unit, which is headed by a Principal Accountant. She holds a Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree in Accounting, and a Bachelor of Business Administration degree from Gulu University. She has more than ten years of work experience in accountancy in higher education, having held senior positions at Gulu University. She joined Gulu University in 2010 and rose through the ranks from an Accounts Assistant 1 to the position of Accountant. She is a level-two student in the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Uganda (ICPAU). Read More
1. Attends to students’ queries and provides them with statements of their fees.
2. Extracts fees reports for students.
3. Keeps and organizes records of tuition fees and files of receipts.
4. Prepares revenue reports on a regular basis.
5. Prepares and maintains accounts receivables.
6. Maintains up-to-date students’ debtor ledgers.
7. Ensures billing corresponds to the approved fees structure.
8. Reconciles students’ payments with data on AIMS/ACMIS.
9. Ensures that the students’ pay-in slips are issued as per regulations.
10. Prepares PRN and/or guides students on how to generate one.
11. Checks and files mandatory payments, e.g. the NCHE fee.
12. Verifies student fees payment status before clearance.
13. Ensures students have made the mandatory fees payment.
14. Updates students’ ledgers.
15. Does direct posting.
16. Assists the Assistant Bursar in preparing monthly returns and final accounts
17. Posts ledgers.
18. Performs any other roles as designated on the computerized system of the Government of Uganda for the collection of government revenue, for example, ACMIS, AIMS and Zee note.
19. Performs clerical work assigned to her from time to time.