Call for Abstracts
The International Center for Evaluation and Development (ICED) in partnership with Campbell Collaboration, Agriculture Technology Adoption Initiative (ATAI), Feed the Future Innovation Lab for Assets and Market Access (AMA Innovation Lab), Tegemeo Institute, the Institute of Statistical, Social and Economic Research (ISSER), and other partners is organizing the 1st Africa Conference on Evidence to Action (E2A) in Nairobi, Kenya, from 25th – 27th July 2018. The conference seeks to enhance sustainable collaboration and sharing of knowledge and information among researchers, policy makers, civil society, and development partners. Further, it seeks to reinforce demand-driven evidence-based policy development in the context of Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and the Malabo
The Theme of the Conference is “Bridging the Gap: Strengthening connections between research and policy in sub-Saharan Africa.” It is premised on the understanding that contextualizing research and evaluation for Africa has the potential to inform policy decision-making and the achievement of SDGs.
The conference aims to increase policy-relevant, demand-driven research and the adoption of evidence into policies and decision-making. It will do this by facilitating dialogue and sharing of knowledge & experiences among international, regional and local stakeholders. The focus will be on how evidence can be generated, analysed, presented and utilized for effective and impactful policy and program development.
- To facilitate dialogue among stakeholders on research and evaluation agenda and priority setting to influence policymaking and governance.
- To identify effective ways research and evaluation findings can be utilized for evidence-based policy making and action.
- To highlight and share what has worked and what has not worked in using cut research ting-edge research and evaluation results and findings for policy making and action.
- To identify and discuss successful models for collaboration between networks of researchers, evaluation professionals, policy makers, and civil society in order to strengthen policy-relevant research and evaluation.
The Conference will address the following sub-themes:
- Agriculture and Food Systems in sub-Saharan Africa
- Climate Change and Environment
- Agriculture Risk, Index Insurance and Risk Mitigation
- Private Sector in Development
- Impact of Investment in Agriculture and Food Systems
- Innovative Finance, Credit and Savings for Smallholders
- Systematic Review and Impact Evaluation for Policy Making
- Gender and Youth in Agriculture and Food Systems
Who should submit?
Presenters at the Evidence to Action Conference 2018 are experts who have conducted research and evaluations across multiple settings that has influence policy and development interventions, policy makers using evidence for decision making, and development professionals who have undertaken development and policy interventions based on rigorous evidence through research and evaluation.
What type of content are we looking for?
The Evidence to Action Conference 2018 will include keynote addresses, breakout sessions, policy dialogue and rotations workshops. In addition, this conference will have full-day pre-conference exhibitions and side events by partners and sponsors.
Topics to be presented may include:
- From Papers to Policy: Case Studies on Research Uptake in Policymaking
- Approaches and Methodologies that have worked and those that have not worked
- Lessons Learned and Best Practices
- Technology and Tools that have been used by Researchers and Evaluators
- Stakeholders Engagement
- Policy Round Table – Setting Research Agenda and Priorities
- Evidence and Gap Maps for Policy Making
Conference participants will be drawn from a diverse range of stakeholders working in Africa who are involved in research and evaluation. They include:
- Relevant Government Ministries
- Farmer Organizations
- Development Think-Tanks
- Civil Society
- Research Organizations (National and International)
- Development Agencies and Donor Community
- Private Sector Organizations
Visit ICED website for more information and also for Conference Concept Note and registration information.
The abstracts can be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for submission: 30th April 2018